500 Internal Server Error is a very common HTTP status code which means something is wrong on your web server, but this problem is not entirely affected by your server either.
In this guide, we will discuss the problem of How to Solve the 500 Internal Server Error
Multiple 500 Internal Server Error Messages
The error message may be seen in many ways as each web is allowed to customize the message.
Here are some HTTP 500 error messages:
- 500 Internal Server Error
- HTTP 500 – Internal Server Error
- Temporary Error (500)
- Internal Server Error
- HTTP 500 Internal Error
- 500 Error
- HTTP Error 500
- 500. That’s an error
Here are more details:
|500.0||A module or ISAPI error has occurred.|
|500.11||The application is shut down on the web server.|
|500.12||The application is busy restarting on the web server.|
|500.13||The web server is too busy.|
|500.15||Direct requests to Global.asax are not allowed.|
|500.19||Invalid configuration data.|
|500.21||Module not recognized.|
|500.22||The ASP.NET httpModules configuration does not apply in Managed Pipeline mode.|
|500.23||The ASP.NET httpHandlers configuration does not apply in Managed Pipeline mode. The ASP.NET httpHandlers configuration does not apply in Managed Pipeline mode.|
|500.24||The ASP.NET impersonation configuration does not apply in Managed Pipeline mode.|
|500.50||A rewrite error occurred during the handling of the RQ_BEGIN_REQUEST notification. An error has occurred in the configuration or execution of the login rule.|
|500.51||A rewrite error occurred during the handling of the GL_PRE_BEGIN_REQUEST notification. A global configuration error or global rule execution has occurred.|
|500.52||A rewrite error occurred during the handling of the RQ_SEND_RESPONSE notification. Exit rule execution occurs.|
|500.53||A rewrite error occurred during notification handling RQ_RELEASE_REQUEST_STATE. An exit rule execution error occurred. The rule is configured to execute before the output user cache is updated.|
|500,100||internal ASP error.|
Because 500 Internal Server Error is generated by the visited web, you can see it in any browser on any operating system,
Maybe the error display will be different but it will still show the same error, namely 500 Internal Server Error,
Cause 500 Internal Server Error
As we mentioned above, the Internal Server Error message indicates that something has gone wrong in general.
means that there is a problem with the page or website programming, in this guide we will present several solutions that you can run one by one.
However, this problem usually occurs because of a misconfiguration between the web and the hosting server being used.
How to Solve 500 Internal Server Error
As we alluded to above, the 500 Internal Server Error is a server-side error, meaning the problem may not be with your computer or internet connection, but rather with the website’s server.
But you can follow these steps to make sure that the error actually occurs on your server side.
- Reload the web page. You can do this by selecting the refresh/reload button, pressing F5 or Ctrl+R, or retrying the URL from the address bar.
- Clear your browser cache. If there’s a problem with the cached version of the page you’re viewing, it could be causing the HTTP 500 issue.
- Delete browser cookies . You can fix error 500 server error by deleting cookies associated with the web where you got the error.
So, those are 3 general ways that you can do to solve error 500, but if this error still persists, then you can follow the guide to overcome this error 500 in depth.
To solve this deeper problem, of course, you must understand server problems, because as we said above, this 500 error may occur on the server side.
But you also have to make sure that some of the configurations between the web and the server are well connected, here are some in-depth steps to overcome How to Overcome 500 Internal Server Error
- There is an Error in File Permissions. In most cases, 500 Internal Server Error is caused by incorrect permissions on one or more files or folders. In most of those cases, faulty permissions on PHP and CGI scripts are to blame. This should normally be set at 0755 (-rwxr-xr-x).
- Php Processing Time Out. If your script connects to an external resource and the resource is exhausted, an HTTP 500 error may occur. Timeout rules, or better error handling in your script, will help if this is the cause of the 500 error.
- Wrong coding in .htaccess. While unusual, be sure to check that your site’s .htaccess file is structured properly.
500 Internal Server Error can occur both from the front end and backend of your Website and server, therefore make sure you have checked step by step according to the guide above.
If it has not been resolved, you can contact the support server hosting you are using.
That’s a guide regarding How to Overcome 500 Internal Server Error, hopefully it’s usefulShare This Article: