In the following article, we will explain what the complete function of a monitor is so that it is hoped that it will provide a deep understanding for you.
A monitor is an electronic device used to display video output from a computer. Screen monitors are used in many computer devices, from personal computers (PCs) and laptops to small mobile devices, such as cell phones and MP3 players.
Monitors are also known as computer screens or display screens.
The monitor consists of the following components:
- Display module: Often the type that uses thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) technology
- Casing or cover
Initially, monitors were only found on computer devices. However, as screen technology becomes smaller, cheaper and more powerful, screen monitors are increasingly being added to a variety of devices.
Until the early 2000s, the prevailing technology was the cathode-ray tube (CRT), which was large and had less resolution and used more power.
Liquid crystal displays (LCDs) were thinner and consumed less power but cost more, so throughout the 1990s, LCDs were only used in laptops, where portability made them worth the price.
Other technologies used are plasma and organic light-emitting diode (OLED).
Many companies brand their monitors as “LEDs,” which means that LEDs are used for screen lighting, as opposed to traditional fluorescent lighting.
Monitor performance is measured based on the following main factors:
- Luminance: Brightness in candelas per square meter (cd / m2 or Nits)
- Aspect ratio: Vertical to horizontal length ratio as in 4: 3, 16: 9, 16:10
- Screen resolution: The number of pixels per square inch
- Refresh rate: The display frequency changes
- Response time: The time it takes for a pixel to become active (active) to inactive (inactive) and vice versa. Measured in milliseconds.
- Contrast ratio: The luminosity ratio of the lightest (white) to the darkest (black) color that the monitor can produce
- Power consumption: Measured in Watts
Hopefully our explanation of what the function of computer monitors will be can help you get to know and explore the topics that we provide in this article.Share This :