The main components of a computer are hardware, software, and brainware. Usually, the main components of computer have been installed on the mainboard in a single unit or onboard.
A computer is a combination of various integrated electronic components. In order to operate properly, a computer must be equipped with its main components.
A computer is also understood as an electronic device that functions to manipulate information or data, store, retrieve, and process data.
However, there are also computers that require additional components to increase their work performance,
Main Components of Computers and Their Functions
The following are the main components of computers and their functions,
hardware in a computer system is a component that can be seen and touched. These components form a unit so that it can be used in computer systems.
Examples of hardware, namely:
- Keyboard : Before entering the 90s, the keyboard did not have complete facilities. However, currently the keyboard has developed with additional buttons such as power down, cd player and internet connect. In fact, there are also keyboards that do not require cables to operate.
- Mouse : Not only keyboards , mice are also experiencing rapid development ranging from wireless ones to optical ones.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) : The CPU is the brain of the computer. Inside the CPU there are all processes that take place in a set of computers and are controlled by the processor. The more sophisticated the CPU performance, the more sophisticated the computer performance.
- Motherboard : the main printed circuit board in general-purpose computers and other expandable systems. It holds and allows communication between many of the crucial electronic components of a system, such as the central processing unit and memory, and provides connectors for other peripherals.
- Power Supply: Computer electricity power source.
- Hard disk : Data storage on computer.
- Random-access memory : is a form of computer memory that can be read and changed in any order, typically used to store working data and machine code
- Monitor : A computer monitor is an output device that displays information in pictorial or text form. A monitor usually comprises the visual display, circuitry, casing, and power supply. … Previous monitors used a cathode ray tube (CRT) and some Plasma (also called Gas-Plasma) displays.
- Printer : Printer is hardware that is used to print the work on the computer. Usually, in printing documents the printer also requires paper.
Software is a program that contains commands that can be understood by the computer.
Operational software must be accompanied by hardware . With the software , users can type, count, draw, make sounds and so on.
The software parts , namely:
- Operating System. For example Linux, Windows, Mac OS
- Word Processing ( Word Processing ). For example Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, Open Office, etc.;
- Processing Numbers or table data ( Spreadsheet ) . For example, Microsoft Excel, Lotus 123, SuperCalc, etc.;
- Database Processor. For example, Microsoft Access, FoxPro, etc;
- Create Presentation Slides . For example Microsoft Power Print, StoryBoard, etc.;
- Image Processor. For example, Adobe Photoshop, ACDSee, etc.;
- Java Programming Language. For example, Pascal, Java, Visual Basic, etc.;
- Games . For example, DOTA, PES, PUBG etc. If you interseted in android gaming, maybe you need to read this article fastest android emulator.
Brainware is known as a computer user or a person who operates a computer (User). Brainware has three levels, namely:
- Systems Analyst;